TAIFA GAS TANZANIA LIMITED (TAIFA GAS) started as MIHAN GAS COMPANY LIMITED (MIHAN GAS) and was incorporated on 19th May 2005, with certificate of incorporation number 52508 under the Companies Ordinance (Cap 212) as a limited company in the United Republic of Tanzania. The Company spent two years in its initial startup investment and eventually started business in the market in year 2008.
Tanzanians who can afford charcoal can also use LPG cooking energy. Users of charcoal spend TSh60,000 to TSh100, 000 per month while LPG users can spend only TSh45, 000 to TSh50, 000
It is estimated that 400,000 families are using LPG product through Taifa gas (Mihan branded) cylinders. Dar es salaam has 40% of users and the rest of the country has 60%.
The Company has invested in LPG equipment to consumers using bulk LPG product like schools, hotels, army camps and colleges.
Taifa Gas Tanzania limited supply LPG to wholesale Suppliers available all over the country market and export in countries like Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan, Burundi and DRC.